“Sometimes, little lions sleep inside the man’s guts that can’t get full only by eating raw meat; they want to eat souls, to blend fates, to break dreams.”
Monday again, the most difficult day of the week so…the perfect day for some motivation!
- Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
- If you’re going through hell, keep going.
- Expect problems and eat them for breakfast.
Alfred A. Montapert
- If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.
- Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: now.
- Poverty was the greatest motivating factor in my life.
- The more we do, the more we can do.
- Who seeks shall find.
- Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.
Robert H. Schuller
- Big shots are only little shots who keep shooting.
- You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
*HAVE A NICE WEEK*
“Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been sober, responsible and cautious, but because it has been playful, rebellious, and immature.”
I’m fond of Asian Culture and especially Asian philosophy, so today I decided to share my favorite quotes of Confucius from “The Confucian Analects”.
- Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star.
- Study the past if you would define the future.
- What the superior man seeks is in himself, what the small man seeks is in others.
- Have no friends not equal to yourself.
- If a man takes no thought about what is distant, he will find sorrow near at hand.
- Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
- Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.
- Never give a sword to a man who can’t dance.
- The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
- They must often change, who would be constant in happiness or wisdom.
- Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.
Which one did you like the most? I would love for you to share with me your favorite Confucian quote or list! 🙂
” I’m afraid that if my dream is realized, I’ll have no reason to go on living…and I’m afraid that it would all be a disappointment, so I prefer just to dream about it.”