I’m fond of Asian Culture and especially Asian philosophy, so today I decided to share my favorite quotes of Confucius from “The Confucian Analects”.
- Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star.
- Study the past if you would define the future.
- What the superior man seeks is in himself, what the small man seeks is in others.
- Have no friends not equal to yourself.
- If a man takes no thought about what is distant, he will find sorrow near at hand.
- Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
- Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.
- Never give a sword to a man who can’t dance.
- The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
- They must often change, who would be constant in happiness or wisdom.
- Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.
Which one did you like the most? I would love for you to share with me your favorite Confucian quote or list! 🙂